Thursday, March 25, 2010

Have a GREAT Thursday...the weekend is almost here!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying the beautiful weather here, the last two weekends have been gorgeous, which means in my household..SOCCER and more SOCCER...I finally remembered to take my camera with me and got a few pics of Kaleb Playing soccer(okay, mostly just standing around, but who cares, he still looks cute)...Check him out...



(heehee, that looks alittle ackward!!)
But he did make the first goal for his team on Saturday's Game...he was so excited!!!
This weekend we have a busy weekend....Kaleb has a game in the morning and then this Saturday is our teams turn for Concession Stand Duty and well, of course, some of the parents didn't volunteer to help out, so the Miller family is taking 2 hours of duty...its hopefully going to be a nice weekend, so it'll be fun :)

Also, don't forget today is Reveal Day for the newest challenge for Dirty Scraps
Here is the Challenge:
Challenge #6

I know we all have those moments when we say
"Man I was totally wrong what was I thinking??" or "Where was my head??"
It is always a good thing to look back...reflect
on a mistake or lesson learned and remember how we got here in life
and how that mistake or lesson helped us move along.
After all what good are mistakes if we do not learn from them?
So this week's challenge is to scrap one of those DOH! moments!
It does not have to be negative,
it can be a positive outcome, or great lesson learned...
Now go get DIRTY!!!!!


Here is my layout...
**What was I thinking**

Journaling says:I thought we were friends, that is what I was thinking!! But friends don't betray your trust, friends don't say or act the way you acted, friends don't treat you the way you treated me!! I trusted you completely and now realize that was really stupid on my part, but guess what, my eyes are Wide Open now!!!

I'm also participating in March Madness over at Timeless Daydreams...I made it through the first round with this layout(below), "Follow your Dreams".

Also, Tara Orr was our Guest Designer over at Tallyscrapper back in January and well, I fell in love with her work and while browsing her blog, I saw that she is the Guest Designer for Pencil Lines Sketch Blog, so I jumped right in and used her sketch for this layout as well...
**Follow your Dreams**



Also, I have found the BEST adhesive,HELMAR, thanks to my friend, Pinky. She's been telling me about it forever and I finally broke down and got the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and their ScrapDots...I think I've used them on every project since I got this in the mail about a month ago. The scrapdots are fabulous, they take abit to dry, but they ADD so much dimension to your embellishments. And the 450 Quick Dry...well, I will never go back to anything else, this is probably my favorite..LOVE it :)



Thanks for stopping by my blog...I love reading all of your comments!!!
~Laurajean

4 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful LO LOVE those papers

mommamikki said...

Beautiful I love this look!

Zoa said...

gorgeous! love your work ;0)
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

How flippin cool that your blog is linked up on the helmar fb page? GORGEOUS layout.. I really wanna try those liquid dots.