Monday, March 21, 2011

Last week was such a CraZy busy week..........

Wow, what a week it was last week...
I started my Part-time job at the bakery, which
btw, I LOVE!!  Its so much fun, I still
have alot to learn, but I'm really enjoying
getting out of the house for a couple of hours
and having some adult conversation...yah!!!
Not only did I start work, but Danielle is right in the
middle of signing up for High School classes(omg,
I can't believe I have an almost high schooler, where
did the time go...), but bill and I have been going to meetings
for different programs they are offering and just basic information
about what classes they need to take and what classes go with what,
CraZy!!! But we got her all signed up for ALL honor classes, who knew
that if you take English I Honors, that that goes with World History Honors
and that Geometry Honors goes with Biology Honors...Holy Cow, I was so
confused by the time I left that parent mtg.  But we got her
schedule done and turned into her counselor.  And she also made
Marching Band, which she had to audition for and made it, she super
excited!!
But on top of that Kaleb is having some issues with school, so I've
been on the phone with the school counselor trying to get that worked out!! 
All I can say about that, is from now on, I will listen to my first instant and
if I don't think a teacher is a good fit for him, then i WILL move him.  Never
again!!!! 
So all in all, it was a SUPER crazy emotional busy week for me!!  But let me tell you
when I got home from work on Friday and after picking Dj up from school, I sat down
at my scrapbook table and scrapped...it felt soooo good.

So I started working on my Survivor layout for Week 5 over at
Tallyscrapper, since my team is "Team Boston Rob" and he is famous
for his Boston RedSock hats, our challenge was to use a hat in either the Title, in a photo,
or a hat embellishment.  Well, I went with the Hat photos of my daughter and her
little hat phase that she went through a couple years back.  We also had to use a big
"B" on our layout, atleast an inch tall.
I also used Sketch 112 from "The Scrappiest" for this layout as well...


















"Be Bold"































Have a wonderful week, my friends!!
~Laurajean

6 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning take on the sketch. I love the bold colors.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Love your take on the sketch and the colours are fabulous!!

Jodi said...

Awesome layout!!! I looooove your pp combo!!! She is such a ham for the camera, and her hats are too cute!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Love your take on the sketch! The vibrant colours are terrific! All so striking!! :)

KerrynF said...

A-Mazing work with the sketch, the perfect balance of bright colors.
I love it!

Sarah said...

that's a fabulous LO! I love your take on the sketch and all the elements you used!! it's sweet! those pics are great too!